Corruption is a raging concern in the world today and India is no exception to it. The Corruption Perceptions Index (CPI) 2021 ranks India 85th out of 180 countries. The Corruption score of India is 40 out of 100, where the score ranges from 0 (very corrupt) to 100 (very clean).
Strong government policies, penalties and punishment may be able to decrease corruption. But we must note that no one is born corrupt. Corruption is a habit that one absorbs from one’s closest environment and society. We can stop corruption by creating awareness in a positive and sophisticated way.
The first step is understanding the nature and root causes of corrupt practices in India. Combating corruption might be the right start to delivering justice in society. This is not possible without the collaboration of decision-makers, anti-corruption agencies, and fair advocacy of anti-corruption practices by non-partisan media.
Anti-Corruption Academy and Digpu News Network have joined hands to achieve this target. The partnership between Digpu News Network and Anti-Corruption Academy aims at:
- Creating awareness among parents to create an ethical infrastructure in every household where they can think, discuss and take constructive steps towards the upliftment of their child’s character, personality, and attitude. The upcoming generation can then contribute to the development of the nation.
- Facilitating knowledge and anti-corruption action by involving all social strata and stakeholders through high-quality research, fact-finding, conferences and publications aimed at clarifying the issues converting findings into policy recommendations.
- Promoting a culture of integrity by sharing original data online and in print, organizing conferences, producing public debates and TV shows, as well as offering a range of courses and training for students, public and private officials, professionals, teachers, reporters and NGOs.
- Bringing about change through capacity building, strategic planning, progress and good practices reports, contributions to sustainable legal, institutional and policy reforms, and by fostering accountability.
- Creating awareness about the severity of corruption across the country and the world.
- Discussing the impact of corruption on individuals and the society
- Creating awareness about anti-corruption practices with the use of technology.
Speaking about this partnership, Kunwar Devender Singh, Founder, Digpu News Network said, “Corruption has not left any area of the society untouched. This includes both the public and private domains. One can’t practice true journalism without taking steady steps to eradicate corruption. We are proud to associate with Anti-Corruption Academy. We look forward to achieving our common goals in this partnership.”
“It is a matter of great pride for us to partner with a media network that engages in non-partisan journalism exposing crony capitalism and corruption. We have qualified dignitaries on our board who work toward the institution’s goals. Our strategic partnership with Digpu will go a long way in creating a corruption-free society”, said Mr. Umar Sidiqqui, President, Anti-Corruption Academy when asked about the partnership with the media company.
About ACA (Anti-Corruption Academy)
ACA is the first of its kind of Academy and mission in India who came into existence with the blessings of our beloved People’s President Dr APJ Abdul Kalam and it had the support of Late President Pranab Mukherjee. ACA focuses on the development of ethical infrastructure and environment through parenting and nurturing programs, Youth Clubs, capacity building trainings and skill enhancement tools and technologies.
ACA is proud to have a credible and prestigious advisory board and academic council represented by dignitaries & experts of national and global repute.